Home Care Professions
Wanted: kind, organized, & empathetic individuals. Discover how you can make a positive difference in the lives of your community.
Qualities of a Caregiver
What qualities do you need to excel as a home health care caregiver, one who will succeed in the role for years to come?
Kindness is the essence of a natural caregiver’s personality.
Additionally, people well suited for this work will:
- Be Organized: Taking notes and vitals is a daily task for home health care professionals.
- Communicate Effectively: Caregivers need to understand care plans as well as patients’ needs. They’ll also need to be able to discuss any perceived issues with Nurses, Case Managers, and family members as required.
- Have a Good Attitude: Being positive will go a long way in influencing the health and mindset of those in your care.
- Possess Strong Empathy: Working with people who are facing a loss of independence can be quite a challenge. At MAS Home Care, caregivers not only assist people with their daily activities but often act as sounding boards for the emotions and concerns of their patients.
Search Home Care Jobs Today
Tasks of a Caregiver
The daily functions of a MAS home health caregiver will vary based on their exact position as well as what their patient requires. In most cases, you’ll be responsible for taking care of the daily living needs of your patient while also building a valuable relationship based on mutual respect, trust, and compassion. A home health care companion is more than just someone who provides basic care services; you’re an invaluable part of your patient’s life.
There are some basic tasks that you can expect, including:
- Medication reminders
- Hygiene assistance
- Light housekeeping
- Preparing meals
- Note taking
- Picking up prescriptions
Almost all seniors and individuals with healthcare issues wish to stay in their home as long as possible. We’re here to help make that goal an attainable reality. As a trained home health care provider, you’ll make a positive difference in someone else’s life by meeting their needs whatever they may be.
Home Health Care Career Choices
The number of caregiver jobs in home health care is on the rise, with some home health positions expected to grow by at least 40% through 2024. With good training and the right disposition, these jobs can become very fulfilling careers.
There are a number of different career choices for home health care professionals depending on your level of education, location, and the job responsibilities you desire. Each of these positions allows you to gain valuable experience that can help you transition into other caregiving roles, making them excellent opportunities to start or advance a life-long career.
Some of the roles that we offer at MAS Home Care include:
- Nurse: Nurses in home health care oversee patient care and act as the main contact between patients, families, and other caregivers.
- Nursing Assistant: Nursing Assistants perform tasks assigned and directed by a nurse to meet identified outcomes.
- Home Health Aide: Aides monitor and record patient’s well-being and assist in meeting basic needs.
- Personal Care Caregiver: These positions help patients by assisting with bathing, grooming, light housekeeping, and meal preparation.
- Homemaker: Homemakers provide upkeep for a household along with completing some menu planning, cooking, and shopping tasks.
- Companion: Companion roles are non-nursing care related, and are centered around providing socialization and engaging activities for patients.
If you think you’d be a good fit for a role as a home health care professional, search our jobs today. We’re always looking for compassionate individuals to fill caregiver and other vital roles for our clients.